Bregal Sagemount, a private equity firm focused on growth-oriented investments in both control and non-control situations, closed its second fund, at $960m.
Bregal Sagemount II, LP, which exceeded the original $800m target, was oversubscribed by investment vehicles associated with the firm and limited partners including endowments, pension plans and insurance companies.
The fund will continue the firm’s strategy of providing flexible capital and strategic assistance to companies in high-growth sectors across a wide variety of industries and transaction situations.
Led by Managing Partner Gene Yoon, Bregal Sagemount invests $25m to $150m per transaction into both control and non-control positions, and will make equity and/or junior debt investments. Targeted sectors include software, digital infrastructure, healthcare IT services, business and consumer services, and financial technology / specialty finance.
Founded in 2012, the firm is part of Bregal Investments, which is a global private equity group with offices in New York, Dallas, London, Munich and Jersey. with $1.7 billion in committed capital.
The team also includes:
– Daniel Kim, Partner
– Phil Yates, Partner
– Clayton Main, Partner – Head of Credit
– Curt Witte, Head of Portfolio Operations
– Adam Fuller, Principal
– Blair Greenberg, Principal
– Michael Kosty, Principal
– Pavan Tripathi, Vice President
– Matt Koven, Vice President
– Arjun Mehta, Senior Associate
– Kirk Smith, Senior Associate
– Gerald Castaldo, Associate
– Cameron Eskandari, Associate
– Brian Hazan, Associate
– Jaskaran Heir, Associate
– Nate Webster, Associate, and
– Michelle Riley, General Counsel.