French venture capital firm Partech Ventures has closed its new seed fund, at €100m.
Investors in Partech Entrepreneur II, which was launched in April 2015, include a community of over 90 entrepreneurs, business angels, senior managers of tech groups and public and private participants.
Led by Romain Lavault, Jai Choi, Boris Golden, and Otto Birnbaum, the fund aims to back startups in the seed phase with the capacity for major technological innovations on high-potential markets. It will finance about 80 startups, averaging three new investments per month, with two-thirds of operations in Europe (outside France) and the US.
Portfolio companies already include:
– Flirtey, a startup specialized in e-commerce and drone product delivery,
– Zeel, a startup offering home massage services,
– Gfycat, a US video platform,
– Ava, which is developing an AI-based application to enable deaf and hearing-impaired people follow group conversations,
– Hyperloop One, which is developing a new method of transport that will move people and things faster with minimal environmental impact,
– Resolution Games, a virtual reality games studio designed by the creator of Candy Crush, and
– Alan, an insurtech startup
Partech Ventures currently has over 130 startups in its portfolio.