HarbourVest Partners, a Boston, MA-based global private markets asset manager, announced its promotions.
Managing Director, Principal, and Senior Vice President promotions included:
– Ryan Gunther, promoted to Managing Director, Boston, focuses on primary investments in US buyout, venture capital, mezzanine and distressed debt partnerships, as well as emerging markets partnerships. He joined HarbourVest in 2004 after having spent three years with Market Metrics, a Boston-based strategy consulting firm.
– Senia Rapisarda, promoted to Managing Director, Canada, focuses on partnership and direct co-investments in Canada and has helped to expand HarbourVest’s local presence in the market. She joined the Firm in 2014 from BDC Venture Capital, where she was responsible for the establishment of a team focused on direct and indirect investments across Canada.
– Kelvin Yap, promoted to Managing Director, Hong Kong, focuses on growth equity and buyout co-investments in Asia Pacific, having transferred from London to HarbourVest’s Hong Kong team in 2009. He joined the firm in 2006 from Deloitte in London, where he managed merger and acquisition (including demergers and IPOs) due diligence for both private and public transactions.
– Greg Ciesielski, promoted to Principal, London, focuses on global secondary investments purchased through both traditional and more complex transactions. Greg left the firm in 2011 and rejoined the London team in 2013 after receiving his MBA. Prior to HarbourVest, he worked at Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. as an investment banking analyst.
– Shumin Gong, promoted to Principal, Beijing, focuses on business development and marketing in addition to evaluating, executing and monitoring primary partnership investments in Asia Pacific, and in China specifically. She joined HarbourVest in 2010 from Goldman Sachs Private Equity Group in Hong Kong.
– Ryan Jones, promoted to Principal, London, is involved in all aspects of direct investment activity, including analyzing and monitoring growth equity and buyout portfolio investments. He joined HarbourVest in 2009 from Deloitte in London.
– McComma Grayson III, promoted to Principal, Boston, is member of HarbourVest’s primary partnership team focused on US venture, buyout, credit and real assets investments. He is also involved with cleantech and Latin American investments. Grayson joined the firm in 2007 from Morgan Stanley’s Global Energy Group in New York.
– W. Fran Peters, promoted to Principal, Boston, focuses on coordinating, monitoring and enhancing relationships with new and existing investors and consultants. He joined HarbourVest’s client relations team in 2015 from Meketa Investment Group.
– Dustin Willard, promoted to Principal, Boston, focuses on global secondary opportunities, including traditional and complex transactions.
– David Zug, promoted to Principal, Boston, focuses on sourcing, evaluating, and executing growth equity, buyout, and mezzanine transactions. He also played a key role in the expansion of the firm’s operations to Canada and the opening of the Toronto office. Zug joined HarbourVest in 2005 from The Monitor Group, an international strategy consulting firm.
– Monique Austin, promoted to Senior Vice President, Boston, focuses on fund information, corporate governance, and general legal support for business and operational matters. She joined the firm in 2012 from Craig and Macauley Professional Corporation.
– Tony Cobuzzi, promoted to Senior Vice President, Boston, joined HarbourVest in 2008 and oversees the production of financial reports and statements for HarbourVest funds. Additionally, he leads the development and ongoing management of HarbourVest’s annually issued report on internal controls.
– Danielle Green, promoted to Senior Vice President, Boston, serves as HarbourVest’s Chief Compliance Officer and is responsible for the evolution and maintenance of the firm’s global compliance program. She joined HarbourVest in 2012 from Alcion Ventures in Boston, where she served as Chief Compliance Officer and Counsel.
HarbourVest is an independent, global private markets investment specialist with more than 30 years of experience and more than $40 billion in assets under management. The platform offers clients investment opportunities through primary fund investments, secondary investments, and direct co-investments in co-mingled funds or separately managed accounts. HarbourVest has more than 400 employees, including more than 100 investment professionals across Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
In November, the firm announced the final close of its latest secondaries fund at $4.77 billion.