The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAIN), a Lake Success, NY-based organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India, has launched a new strategic investment platform.
Cultivate Ventures is dedicated to investing behind lifestyle brands, smaller portfolio brands and concepts as well as incubator opportunities. In details, the firm plans:
(i) to strategically invest with a dedicated, creative focus for refresh and relaunch;
(ii) to incubate small acquisitions until they reach the scale for the company’s core platforms; and
(iii) to invest in lifestyle brands, concepts, products and technology, which focus on health and wellness.
Cultivate’s brands include:
– BluePrint®, an innovatore in cold-pressed juices, juice drinks and functional beverages;
– DeBoles®, a full line of pastas including whole wheat featuring Jerusalem artichoke flour and gluten-free varieties made with rice, corn and quinoa grains that are undeniably nutritious and delicious;
– GG® Unique Fiber, a slow-baked crisp, fiber-rich crackers made with wheat bran and whole grain rye flour.
– SunSpire®, a confectionery line including snacking and baking products that are certified organic and made with Fair Trade certified cocoa ingredients.
– Tilda®: offering a basmati rice and other grain products.
– Yves Veggie Cuisine®: a full line of meat-free products for the health conscious consumer including nutritious vegan and vegetarian options.
Cultivate will utilize several teams, including marketing, sales and supply chain, to reinvigorate its brands, treating them as a startup to innovate concepts, product lines and categories.
Beena Goldenberg has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Cultivate reporting to Irwin Simon, Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hain Celestial. In addition to her current role as Chief Executive Officer of Hain Celestial Canada, she will oversee Cultivate’s mission to grow strategic investments and act as an incubator of small acquisitions until they reach scale for inclusion in the company’s core platforms including Fresh Living; Better-for-You Baby; Better-for-You Snacking, Better-for-You Pantry and Pure Personal Care.