Startupbootcamp FoodTech, the Rome, Italy-based startup accelerator focused on foodtech, has announced the 10 startups which will be part of its 2016 cohort.
The selected startups were selected at the end of a 3-days working gathering event where 21 top foodtech startups challenged each other for one of the ten spots in the program. During the event, over 80 mentors and partners have been listening and evaluating all the startups in 30-minute speed-date sessions.
The 21 teams had been previously chosen out of 452 applications coming from 56 different countries.
Winners will now go through a 3-month acceleration program which will kick off on November, 21st, 2016, and will end with the Demo Day on March 10th, 2017.
The ten selected startups are:
– BiteBack Insect Oil, a Malang, Indonesia-based developer of an innovative industrial process capable of producing cooking oil out of beetle cultures at affordable prices.
– eVja, a Naples, Italy-based precision farming platform developing OPI, a Decision Support System designed to make more efficient pruning, irrigation and plantation management in the multibillion industries of wine and greenhouse production.
– FruitsApp, a Valencia, Spain-based developer of a marketplace to tackle inefficiencies between producers and wholesalers in the fruits and vegetable market.
IQP, a Rome, Italy-based provider of an olive oil farming real-time IOT monitoring platform.
– Kiwi Campus, a Bogota, Colombia-based food delivery industry university campus which is now present in Chile, Colombia and in the USA (Berkeley University).
– Milis Bio, a Cork, Ireland-based developer of protein-based flavour additives for the food and beverage market.
– Neofarms, a Hannover, Germany-based introducing of aeroponics.
– Phytoponics CIC, a Cardiff, UK-based hydroponic agriculture platform.
– TrakBar, a Delaware, US-based SaaS-based big data business intelligence platform for restaurants and bar keepers.
– Wallfarm, a Rome, Italy-based develop hydroponic and aeroponic cultivation systems.
Launched in 2016 and led by Peter Kruger, CEO, the program will provide €15k in funding, 6 months office space, €400k + partners service and access to a network of over 150 mentors and 1000+ Angels and VCs to validate the product and bring it to market.
Partners include Cisco, Gambero Rosso, Barilla, Monini, LVenture Group, M3 investimenti and other investors.