Berlin, Germany-based fintech and insurtech company builder FinLeap raised €21m in funding.
Backers included founding shareholder HitFox-Group, new investor Hannover Re, the third largest worldwide reinsurer with a gross premium of around 17 billion euros, and others.
Founded by the HitFox Group, Ramin Niroumand and Hendrik Krawinkel in summer 2014, FinLeap specializes in building digital companies within the financial industry investing between €500k and €5m, providing a network of investors, experienced entrepreneurs, customers and top-talents, and an integrated technology platform.
In the last 20 months, the firm has built nine new companies* altogether employing over 250 employees from more than 30 nations and – together with other investors – plans to invest at least €50m within the next 12 months into its FinTech-ecosystem.
These funds will be used to grow existing companies and create new ventures.
The portfolio includes:
– Clark, an online-insurance broker;
– Savedo, a marketplace for investment products;
– FinReach, a software-company that created an automated account switching kit;
– Valendo, an asset-based lender;
– Pair Finance, for online debt collection;
– solarisBank, a tech company with a full-banking license, and
– zinsbaustein.de, a digital platform for real estate investments.