ThirdLove, a San Francisco, CA-based intimates brand offering signature halfcup sizes, raised $8m in Series A funding.
The round was led by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), with participation from:
– Laurie Ann Goldman, former CEO of Spanx,
– Lori Greeley, former CEO of Victoria’s Secret Stores,
– John Hamlin, Chairman of REI,
– Barry Sternlicht, founder of Starwood Hotels, and
– Claire Bennett, EVP at American Express and member of the Board of Directors of Tumi.
The company intends to use the funds to continue building its team in San Francisco, introduce new products, and further expand into the retail channel.
Led by Heidi Zak, Founder, ThirdLove aims to disrupt the bra acquiring experience by enabling a woman to measure her correct size via a mobile app that uses patented computer vision technology. The brand offers over 30 bra sizes, including 1/2 cup sizes.
Bloomingdale’s, which launched a 10-piece collection from the company in September 2015, plans to add new styles in 2016 and expand into additional stores around the country.