Signal Sciences, a Venice, CA-based provider of a web application firewall (WAF), disclosed a 2015 Series A funding round of $9.7m.
The round was led by Index Ventures.
Led by Andrew Peterson, CEO, Signal Sciences provides a Web Application Firewall that works across cloud, physical and containerized infrastructure, providing actionable security prioritization based on where applications are targeted, and blocking attacks without breaking production traffic.
Clients include Under Armour, Etsy, Yelp/Eat 24, Shutterstock, Prezi, etc.
The company also disclosed its board of advisors including:
– Alex Stamos, CSO of Facebook;
– Chad Dickerson, CEO of Etsy;
– Brad Arkin, CSO of Adobe;
– Dan Kaminsky, Chief Scientist of White Ops;
– Gene Kim, Founder of TripWire; and
– Ryan McGeehan, founding advisor at HackerOne.