Moderne Ventures, a Chicago, IL-based early stage venture fund investing in technology companies that are innovating within real estate, mortgage, finance, insurance, and home services, announced its new accelerator class.
The class is comprised of a select group of startups looking to disrupt the multi-trillion dollar marketplace that represents over 600,000 small and medium sized businesses.
The companies, which range from early stages to and seed stage to well-capitalized startups backed by top tier venture funds, include:
– Better, which aims to make mortgages fast and simple.
– FieldLens, an app that streamlines job-site communication for construction projects.
– Growth Geeks, an on-demand marketplace for low cost agency-quality marketing services.
– imageSurge, which aims to transform ordinary store windows into touch screen marketing and eCommerce platforms.
– New Story, a donation platform for homeless people.
– Purchasing Platform, a platform to save money and simplify purchasing for real estate operators.
– TaskEasy, which offers affordable lawn & yard care for agents, property managers and consumers.
– UrbanBound, a technology platform to streamline employee relocation and related moving services.
Combined, the class has raised over $100m in financings and total valuations exceed $300m.
The accelerator, which partners with corporations, provides education, exposure and access to the Moderne Network™. Real estate agents, brokers, asset managers and property managers are invited to pilot products and help shape their services to meet industry needs.