The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
Led by Nik Wakelin, founder, Gelato enables both small startups and large enterprises to build simple developer portals for both internal and external use cases. The platform facilitates developer on-boarding and integration with Kong, provides key provisioning and user management and integrates with the Galileo API analytics platform, this enabling easy monitoring and chart generation for both Admins and Developers.
In details, Gelato offers the following features:
– Markdown Editor, which allows developers to write any guide in a markdown format,
– Swagger/API-blueprint Import to Generate docs,
– Code Example Generation, featuring multiple language code snippets,
– API Reference & Explorer, a designed documentation and testing console,
– Versioning, which gives support for multiple versions of an API, and
– Private/Internal Docs, to keep API docs private behind access control systems.
Founded in 2010 and led by Italian Augusto Marietti, CEO, Mashape provides a platform for the distribution and consumption of data and services through APIs and developer tools such as Kong, an open-source API Gateway, Galileo for API analytics and Mockbin.
The Mashape Marketplace is the world’s biggest API hub, processing billions of API requests for more than 180,000 developers worldwide and managing and distributing 15,000 APIs from startups like Imgur to enterprises such as Best Buy, and thousands of API consumers including Citibank, Hyatt, Accenture, NASA, Target and DHL.
The company is backed by Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt, CRV, NEA, Index Ventures, and Stanford University.