Fieldwire, a San Francisco, CA-based mobile and web platform for collaboration on construction projects, secured $6.6m in funding.
The round was led by Formation 8, with participation from BloombergBeta, Trinity Ventures and AngelPad. In conjunction with the funding, Formation 8’s Tanguy Chau will join the company’s board.
Led by Yves Frinault, co-founder and CEO, Fieldwire provides a collaboration platform that aims to eliminate the inefficiencies in the construction industry by giving field workers a way to communicate and organize their assignments in the field.
– a mobile app for the field providing plan viewing, issue tracking, task scheduling, progress photos, as well as reporting and archiving.
– a plan viewer to load large plans instantly on mobile devices.
– a task management engine to record, share and track tasks.
– offline mode that allows users to keep working, viewing plans and making assignments — even with no connectivity.
– integrations with Box and Dropbox, as well as Gmail contacts.
– big data API to allow construction firms to connect field data to their existing technology.