Ativa Medical, a St. Paul, Minn.-based developer of a diagnostic micro lab designed to assist physicians by enabling faster treatment decisions, raised $15m in Series B equity funding.
– Ping An Ventures, the venture capital division of Ping An Insurance
– Hermed Capital, a partnership between Fosun Pharma and SK Group
– Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (LabCorp®) (NYSE: LH), a healthcare diagnostics company
– Dian Diagnostics, a Chinese central laboratory service
– GIMDx, U.S.-based in vitro diagnostic R&D and development unit of Guangzhou Improve Medical, and
– Diamond BioFund, Taiwanese health care fund.
The company intends to use the funds for product development to obtain Food and Drug Administration approval of the Ativa micro lab and preparations for commercial launch.
Led by James McNally, Ph.D., CEO, Ativa Medical is a growth medical diagnostic company developing and commercializing novel point-of-care diagnostic technologies. The company is pursuing approval and commercialization of an innovative tabletop micro lab to enable health care professionals to perform critical hematology and blood chemistry tests on-site and get accurate results in 5 minutes.