Indiegogo, a San Francisco, CA-based crowdfunding platform, received a new investment (of undisclosed amount) from some prominent names in technology and innovation.
– Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Group Founder
– Max Levchin, Affirm CEO, Yelp Chairman, PayPal Co-Founder
– Megan Smith, entrepreneur, VP @Google[x]
– Maynard Webb, Webb Investment Network Founder, Chairman of the Board at Yahoo!, Board Member at Salesforce.com and Visa
– Dan Benton, Andor Capital Management CEO
– Tim Draper, Draper Fisher Jurvetson Founding Partner
– Dawn Lepore, Former Chairman and CEO of Drugstore.com
– Hans Morris, Nyca Partners Managing Partner, Former President of Visa
The company intends to use the funds to continue expanding globally and improving user experience with a focus on mobile, personalization and trust.
These investment followed its recent $40m Series B financing round (read here).
Led by Slava Rubin, CEO and Co-Founder, Indiegogo provides a crowdfunding platform that allows people to fund any project – creative, entrepreneurial or cause-related. Launched in 2008, the company has hosted more than 200,000 campaigns, and more than 12 million people visit Indiegogo.com each month.
It also has offices in Los Angeles and New York.