Intel’s global investment and M&A organization Intel Capital has formed four additional investment sectors focused on making and managing technology investments.
The new groups are as follows:
– Datacenter Software Sector, which will focus on cloud software, big data, and analytics. It will be led by newly appointed Managing Director Dharmesh Thakker.
– New Devices and Wearables Sector, which will focus on new opportunities in wearable computing. It will be led by newly appointed Managing Director Rob Rueckert.
– Security Sector, which will focus on software and hardware based security solutions. It will be led by newly appointed Managing Director Ken Elefant.
– Ultrabook and Perceptual Computing Sector, which will be responsible for the Intel Capital Ultrabook Fund and the Intel Capital Experiences and Perceptual Computing Fund and led by Managing Director Ramamurthy Sivakumar.
The new sectors will join existing sectors which have been adjusted to reflect the mentioned additions:
– Datacenter, Cloud Infrastructure and Network Storage Sector, which will be led by Managing Director Bryan Wolf.
– Internet, Digital Media and Education Sector, which will be led by Managing Director Marc Yi.
– Manufacturing and Intel Labs Sector, which will be led by Vice President and Managing Director Keith Larson.
– Services, Open Source, and Machine to Machine Sector, which will be led by Vice President and Managing Director Lisa Lambert.
– Smartphone and Tablets Sector, which will be led by Managing Director Dave Flanagan.
In addition to the above technology sectors, Intel Capital is also organized into five geographic regions with investment professionals in 26 countries:
– Asia Pacific led by Managing Director Sudheer Kuppam, based in Bangalore, India.
– China led by Managing Director Rich Hsu, based in Beijing, China.
– Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia led by Managing Director Marcin Hejka, based in Warsaw, Poland.
– Latin America led by Managing Director Dave Thomas, based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
– Western Europe and Israel led by Managing Director Marcos Battisti, based in London, United Kingdom.