GiveCorps, a Baltimore, Maryland-based developer of a philanthropy fundraising platform, closed an $822k angel funding round.
– The Abell Foundation
– David Warnock, founder of Camden Partners
– Vince Talbert, co-founder of Bill Me Later
– Lou Pugliese, former CEO of Moodlerooms and former CEO of Blackboard
– Frank Bonsal, Jr., co-founder of New Enterprise Associates (NEA)
– Joe Hardiman, former head of the National Association of Securities Dealers
The company intends to use the funds to expand its team and marketing of its newly launched GiveCorps.Pro platform.
Founded in 2011 by CEO Jamie McDonald, GiveCorps recently launched GiveCorps.Pro, which provides Higher Ed, K-12 schools, Faith Organizations and other large nonprofits with a SaaS, mobile and social platform to engage supporters, grow audiences, and increase their base of recurring givers.
The solution features administrative tools with reporting and analytics and provides integration with their existing donor management system.