Stockr, a Santa Monica, CA-based social network for investors, has closed a $1.5m seed funding.
Backers include Personal Capital, The Doyle Investment Group, and Adam Townsend.
Co-Founded by CEO Vinny Jindal, CTO Brendon Crawford, and Tim Symington, Stockr provides a specialized platform where investors, analysts, and public companies can communicate transparently and directly about financial news, stocks, market trends, investment ideas, etc.
The platform also provides users with content from over 400 trustworthy publishers of market-facing information.
The site—stockr.com—will go live at on September 13th.
In addition to the funding, the company has named seven members to its advisory board, including:
– Craig Coblenz, former Director of Sales at Facebook.
– Eric Frank, former President of Thomson Reuters’ Investment and Advisory Division.
– M. Scott Havens, SVP of Finance and Digital Operations at The Atlantic Media Company.
– Michael Jones, former Director of Business and Audience Development at The Wall Street Journal Digital Network.
– Michael Pachter, Managing Director of Equity Research at Wedbush Morgan Securities.
– Adam Townsend, EVP and Head of Investor Relations at CBS.
– Matthew Reilly, Managing Partner of the Extol Fund.
Read our news on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/finsmes