Perceptual Networks, a Philadelphia, PA-based platform for developing consumer web applications, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding.
Backers include First Round Capital, First Round Capital, Bullpen Capital and entrepreneurs and investors, including:
– Max Levchin (founder of PayPal and Slide and Chairman of Yelp),
– Richard Yoo (founder of Rackspace and ServerBeach)
– Michael Birch (founder of Bebo and Monkey Inferno)
– Steve Chen (founder of YouTube and AVOS),
– Shawn Colo (founder of Demand Media)
– Alexis Ohanian (founder of Reddit)
– Tikhon Bernstam (founder of Scribd and Parse)
– Philip Kaplan (founder of Fandalism, Blippy, AdBrite, TinyLetter and many, many more)
– Joshua Schachter (founder of Tasty Labs and Delicious)
– Bill Lee (founder of Remarq and Social Concepts and investor in Tesla)
– James Hong (founder of HotOrNot)
– Garry Tan (founder of Posterous and Partner at Y-Combinator)
– Naval Ravikant (founder of Epinions and AngelList)
– Gabriel Weinberg (founder of DuckDuckGo and NamesDatabase)
– Bob Ippilito (founder of Mochi Media)
– Jameson Hsu (founder of Mochi Media)
– Ken Keller (founder of IGN.com and Cadence)
– Paul Bragiel (partner at I/O Ventures)
– Tom McInerney (former COO at Klout)
– Nils Johnson (founder of Beautylish)
Founded by CTO Jim Young and CEO Cheyenne Ehrlich, Perceptual Networks is developing a suite of products that will allow users to find the people they best connect with, whether they are looking for the right co-workers or employees, the right relationship, the right friends and activity partners or the right community to live in.
The company is currently hiring (http://www.perceptualnet.com/jobs).