Limacorporate to Be Acquired by AXA Private Equity and Intesa Sanpaolo

Limacorporate SpA, a Villanova di San Daniele (Udine)-Italy-based global leader in the design, production and distribution of orthopaedic devices, is to be acquired by AXA Private Equity and Intesa Sanpaolo.

The amount of the transaction is unknown. AXA and Intesa are to acquire a majority 66% stake in the company while the existing management will reinvest in the remaining 34%.

The company now aims to:
– expand its portfolio of products in Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the UK;
– enter new growth markets with a particular focus on the US, Russia and India; and
– launch new products in 2013 to strengthen the current portfolio.

Founded in 1975 by the Lualdi family, and led by President Gabriele Lualdi, Limacorporate manufactures orthopaedic devices. The group has 600 employers and three production facilities in Italy.
In 2011, it had revenues of €117m, 66% of which was generated in markets outside of Italy.



Join the discussion