The company intends to use the proceeds from the investment to grow organically and through add‐on acquisitions.
As a result of the transaction, a fund managed by Sentica Partners will own 60% of Treston Oy, while the previous owners retain the remaining 40%. In addition, Eero Leskinen, Investment Director for Sentica, will become Board Chairman for Treston.
The operational management of Treston, led by Managing Director Leo Saarikallio, will continue in their current positions.
Founded in 1969, Treston provides its customers with furniture solutions for industrial and other technological environments.
The group’s operations are divided in two main product lines: Industrial Furniture and Storage Systems.
Besides Finland, the group also operates in other countries such as Sweden, Norway, Germany, France, the UK, the USA, Poland and China.
The Treston Group has a staff of around 320 people, and in 2011 its net sales amounted to €53m.