Investment firm Golden Seeds has closed its second fund at $26.5m.
Golden Seeds Fund 2 LP focuses on investing in women-led early stage, high growth companies across at least three sectors, including technology, life sciences and consumer goods.
The vehicle has already invested in eight companies, including:
– AboutOne – online household management system
– Cognition Therapeutics – drug discovery for Alzheimer’s disease
– Hatsize – cloud-based training and demonstrations of complex technologies
– LARK – sleep system that helps you wake better, and sleep better too
– Open Road Integrated Media – digital publisher and multimedia content company
– RuMe – manufacturer and distributor of fair trade reusable fashion items
– Style for Hire – national network of personal stylists trained by celebrity Stacy London
– TextureMedia – social media platform connecting the textured hair community
Members of the General Partnership’s investment committee are:
– Stephanie Hanbury-Brown, Managing Director and Golden Seeds’ Founder
– Jo Ann Corkran, Managing Director and Lead Partner
– Jim Estill,
– Dr.Nada Jain,
– Kathryn Swintek,
– Tim O’Neill,
– Peggy Wallace and
– Joan Zief.