Tapit Media Pty Ltd, a Sydney, Australia-based new Near Field Communications (NFC) content delivery startup, has closed a seed funding round of undisclosed amount with Sydney Angels.
Founded in March 2011 and led by CEO Jamie Conyngham, CIO David Kainer and CTO James D’Arcy, Tapit provides near field communication (NFC) technologies designed to market a company’s brand and deliver campaigns to customers’ mobile phones. The company works with innovative agencies, brands, handset manufacturers and carriers to provide NFC Marketing services including:
– mobile commerce i.e. impulse purchases via a mobile website,
– coupons/discount code distribution for retail,
– ticketing – purchase any rail, movie, airline, concert or event ticket,
– social Community building e.g. Facebook likes, Twitter follows etc,
– surveys and brand reviews,
– content delivery in text, audio or video format.