Atos Medical Acquired by EQT VI

EQT VI has acquired the Swedish health care company Atos Medical from Nordic Capital Fund V, board directors and employees.

Nordic Capital Fund V owned a 94.6% stake in the company, while board directors and employees the remaining 5.4%.

The transaction has also been financed with senior facilities provided by Danske Bank, DnB NOR and Nordea, and mezzanine facilities provided by funds advised by MezzVest and Partners Group.

The management of Atos intends to reinvest a large part of the proceeds of the acquistion to accelerate its growth-oriented strategy in current and new markets.

With production facilities based in Hörby, Sweden, the company supplies products to the ear, nose and throat (“ENT”) medical segment. The main product category is rehabilitation tools for patients who have undergone a total laryngectomy, which is the surgical removal of the larynx (voicebox). It also offers voice implants to enable such patients to speak and filters that cover the stoma, the hole in the neck, that has the same function as the nose, i.e. moisturizing and heating of breathing air.  In addition, Atos provides a wide range of other ENT products in related areas, such as rhinology (sinus) and otology (ear).

The products are sold by the company’s own sales forces in Sweden, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, France and the US, and  in approximately 60 countries through exclusive third party distributors. The company generated sales of €64m in 2010.



Join the discussion