Solera Acquired by CapMan

Solera AS, an Oslo, Norway-based alcoholic beverage importer and distributor in the Nordic region, has been acquired by CapMan Buyout IX

Following the transaction, which is still subject to approval from the competition authorities and is expected to close in August 2011, the fund will own approximately a 76% stake in the company, while the remaining 24% will be held by co investors including Johan Kullander, Peter Candell and Johan Bjarke and the management. 

The investment aims to support Solera in increasing its market positions especially in Sweden and Finland, developing the company’s product range and strengthening its organisation

Led by CEO Stefan H. Norberg, Solera operates as an importer and distributor of wine to the three Nordic alcoholic retail monopolies. In addition, the company is active in import and distribution of beer, cider, mineral water and soft drinks through its subsidiary Multibev AS. 

Solera currently has a net turnover of approximately €130m and employs 110 people in Norway, Sweden and Finland.

For CapMan, the transaction was led by Mats Gullbrandsson. 



Join the discussion