SAIL Sustainable Partners of Louisiana and Irvine, CA-based SAIL Capital Partners have partnered to form a private capital fund focused on investing in clean technology and sustainable industries across the State.
The Louisiana Sustainability Fund, whose amount remained undisclosed, will focus on making investments in later stage growth companies with proven technologies.
The new vehicle will invest in the areas of energy, water and green innovation.
The management team includes financial and cleantech experts.
General partners are
– Walter Schindler, chairman of the board;
– R. Foster Duncan, managing partner;
– Hank Habicht, managing partner;
– John Elstrott, general partner, and board chairman for Whole Foods;
– Louis Freeman, Jr., general partner;
– Alan Sellers, general partner.