, a Seattle, WA-based company specializing in personalized diagnostics that uses genomic and proteomic techniques to identify and detect organ-specific blood proteins that appear at the earliest stage of disease, has raised a $10m second tranche of its Series A financing
The funds will be used to advance the development, validation and commercialization of its blood-based proteomic diagnostics programs.
In conjunction with this second tranche, BioTechCube (BTC) Luxembourg, a newly formed Luxembourg-based investment company, has joined the Series A group of investors.
Integrated Diagnostics raised a $30m Series A financing round in September 2009.
The round was led by InterWest Partners, with participation from The Wellcome Trust and dievini Hopp BioTech holding. In line with expectations from the first tranche, BTC has joined the investor group and now holds all of dievini’s previous investment in Integrated Diagnostics.
Patrizia Luchetta, chair of BTC, will join the company’s board. In the meantime, Dr. Friedrich von Bohlen, managing partner of dievini, has stepped down.
Following this second tranche, the company’s board include:
– David Barker, Ph.D., Board chair, Integrated Diagnostics;
– Jim Heath, Ph.D., co-founder, Integrated Diagnostics & professor of chemistry, California Institute of Technology;
– Leroy Hood, M.D., Ph.D., co-founder, Integrated Diagnostics & co-founder, ISB;
– Patrizia Luchetta, M.A., chair, BTC Luxembourg;
– Albert Luderer, Ph.D., CEO, Integrated Diagnostics;
– Arnold Oronsky, Ph.D., general partner, InterWest Partners.