In parallel, Calithera will expand its technology for targeting allosteric activating sites to other enzymes with therapeutic potential in cancer.
The management team of Calithera includes the following professionals who bring to the company both deep scientific expertise and extensive experience in drug development:
– Susan Molineaux, Ph.D., was most recently a founder and Chief Executive Officer of Proteolix, a company that developed proteasome inhibitors.
– Mark Bennett, Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Research at Calithera, was Vice President of Research at Proteolix.
– Eric Sjogren, Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Drug Discovery at Calithera, was most recently the Vice President and Head of Medicinal Chemistry at Roche, Palo Alto.
Calithera’s Board of Directors includes:
– Susan Molineaux, Ph.D.,
– Chris Christoffersen, Ph.D.,
– Larry Lasky, Ph.D., from U.S. Venture Partners,
– Jean George from Advanced Technology Ventures,
– Deepa Pakianathan, Ph.D., from Delphi Ventures, and James Wells, Ph.D.
The company was founded in 2010.