Spig Receives €30M from Ambienta I

Spig S.p.A., an Arona (NO), Italy-based manufacturer of industrial cooling systems, has received a €30m investment from Ambienta I, a Europe’s private equity fund focused on the environmental sector.
Following the deal, Ambienta will take a 30% stake in the company with the Mosiewicz family, which will continue to own the remaining 70%, and run the company, with Ferdy Mosiewicz as CEO and Jerzy Mosiewicz as Chairman.
Formed in 1936, Spig, parent company of the Spig group, operates in Italy and abroad in industrial cooling systems, and particularly in the production of cooling towers, air cooled condensers, air coolers and related components and services. The company has a strong presence in Europe, Turkey, the United States, the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, India, Korea and Russia.
The proceeds from the investment will enable Spig to continue to expand in the emerging countries and penetrate the condensers market.
In conjunction with the financing, Ambienta will take a seat on the board of directors and will have an operation role in Spig.

Join the discussion