GuardTime, a Singapore-based data integrity service provider that helps businesses across multiple industries, including financial services, government, telecommunications and healthcare, raised $8m in series A funding.
The funds will enable the company to help roll out its global infrastructure.
– Horizons Ventures, a Hong Kong based investment fund focusing on early stage technology companies;
– Ambient Sound Investments, an investment fund formed by the founding engineers of Skype;
– Infocomm Investments Pte Ltd (IIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) that complements IDA’s industry development efforts in Singapore with equity investments;
– FITOne Capital, a subsidiary of FIT-One Holdings, an IT startup business incubator in Japan;
– Joi Ito, CEO of Creative Commons, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist.
GuardTime was founded in Estonia by cryptography experts Dr. Märt Saarepera and Dr. Ahto Buldas along with Joi Ito and Ambient Sound Investments (ASI), an investment fund formed by the founding engineers of Skype.