Hard Candy Cases, a Danville, CA-based designer of protective and distinguishable cases for mobile computers, has received an undisclosed sum of funding from prominent Silicon Valley investors.
Backers include investors and angels with direct links to the technology industry such as:
– Mark Albert – Perkins Coie
– Buddy Arnheim – Perkins Coie
– Michelle Beauchamp – Performing Artist in theater, television and film
– Scott Epstein – Google, Meebo, Spinner
– Josh Felsor – Freestyle Capital, Crackle, Spinner
– Karl Jacob – Coveroo, Elixir Fund, Wallop
– Benjamin Ling – Google, Facebook
– Eckhart Walther – LiveOps, Yahoo!, Netscapesuch
Hard Candy Cases is led by computer accessory veteran Tim Hickman, formerly at Speck Products.
Commenting on the funding, he said: “We captured the attention of key investors in a very short amount of time due to the data supporting the future of netbook sales”.
“With $150,000 in revenue in our first month, we see a huge consumer and retailer demand for fashion-forward protective netbook and MacBook products. As we introduce new designs and models in 2010, Hard Candy Cases is poised to become a leader in the computer accessories industry”, Hickman said.