the Fund, which is supported by the Mayor of London, enables a diverse range of art and skills organisations in the capital to put on courses in activities including theatre, dance and music production, writing and design. Managed by Arts Council England, the fund intends to help Londoners to improve their employment prospects in the creative industries as well as tap into London 2012 opportunities such as the Cultural Olympiad.
This is the second round of the £1.2m fund with a further £500,000 to be awarded later this year through round three.
The Mayor’s Director of Policy, Arts, Culture and the Creative Industries Munira Mirza announced the funding while meeting with young fashion, interior and jewellery designers who have been training at Cockpit Arts in Deptford, a business incubator for design makers which received funding from round one of the 2012 London Cultural Skills Fund in April this year.
The projects to benefit from the round two funding are:
– East London Dance – aDvANCE (Newham)
– Battersea Arts Centre – Creative Technicians Training Bursaries(Wandsworth)
– 198 Contemporary Arts and Learning – 1 London(Lambeth)
– Corali Dance Company – Visual Voices(Lambeth, Hackney, Southwark and Lewisham)
– Spread the Word – Supporting Emerging Writers (Greenwich, Harrow, Croydon, Hounslow and Waltham Forest)
– Kinetika – Championing Artists – Creative Leaders Programme (Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Southwark, Lambeth, City of Westminster and City of London)
– The Albany – Future Fusion(Lewisham)
– Urban Development – Industry Takeover (Newham, Hackney, Hounslow and Lambeth)
– Emergency Exit Arts – Gigantic (Greenwich, Bexley, Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Lewisham and Redbridge)
– English PEN – Readers and Writers – New Communities (City of Westminster and Islington)
– Craft Central – Craft London: Emerging New Talent (Islington)
– Akademi – Extend – Developing Dancers’ Skills (City of Westminster, Camden, Greenwich, Haringey, Newham, Southwark)