Tech startups have the mission to disrupt traditional sectors in order to offer improved services and enhanced experiences to users, both in the enterprise and in the consumer world.
As other sectors, this also happens in the real estate industry and insurance (insurtech). In the last decade, several tech companies have emerged to provide services which improve productivity, cut costs, improve the user experience, as well as reimagine business models trying to challenge incumbent players, who have historically dominated the sector.
in the past few years, in the area of home warranty, which is a service contract that protects homeowners from home repairs, some startups have launched their own solutions innovating different aspects of the industry.
Below, have a look at same examples.
- Dispatch is an enterprise technology company that provides a software platform for home warranty and pest control brands to manage all aspects of installations, maintenance and repairs. Through a platform, users can schedule appointments, receive job status updates, share real-time location information, communicate directly with the customer and accept payments.
- Opendoor is a San Francisco, CA-based consumer marketplace for homes providing sellers with a near-instant online sale and buyers with a home shopping experience featuring on-demand open houses and a quick purchase process. Every home includes a 2-year home warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Upsie, a Techstars company offers warranties for new electronic devices and appliances with several plans and 24/7/365 customer claims support.
- Super is a San Francisco-based technology company that offers subscription services providing care and repair for home.
- Dallas, Texas-based Fixd Repair, which was created to give homeowners transparent home warranties and dependable home repairs, was acquired by ANGI Homeservices, a publicly traded company that operates home service brands such as Angie’s List, HomeAdvisor and Handy, in 2019.
Kandela, which arranges set up and installation of essential home services like television, internet, home warranty, and home security, was acquired by Porch in 2019.
All of the above mentioned startups are trying to challenge incumbents, who are already in the market for years.
Among them, Select Home Warranty is a premiere company operating in the US, which offers deals covering Heat System, AC Repair, Oven Appliance, Water Heater, Plumbing System, and Washer. Through its site, the company advertises a quick 3-way step to repair:
- Report claim.
- We assign a professional once we confirm the claim.
- Instant repair.
Pros of the service include the presence of an efficient claim center, which is very responsive (24-hour action), roof leakage among its coverages and several discount plans. Cons include the absence of a mobile app, and limited coverage peaks for items and other home appliances.
Before choosing a service, studying the pros and cons of Select Home Warranty, considering its pros and cons via what others say about Select Home Warranty, is just the first step.