Syndigo, a Chicago, IL-based technology-driven product information and syndication company, acquired SellPoints, an Emeryville, California-based eCommerce optimization platform and a subsidiary of ConversionPoint Technologies.
The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
The acquisition of SellPoints enhances Syndigo’s ability to deliver rich product content to shoppers on the entire product detail page, including both below and above the fold.
SellPoints is an eCommerce optimization platform that allows brands to tell product stories that inform, inspire, and engage their customers. Their flagship product, Story Points, allows brands to overlay the hero image of a retail product page with interactive “hotspots” that contain key product content such as demonstration videos, 360 views, feature charts, and more.
Led by CEO Paul Salay, Syndigo provides clients with solutions to grow sales via extensive product content, nutrition information and digital media that power engaging experiences across brands, distributors and retailers. Clients in industries such as foodservice, hardlines, grocery, home improvement and DIY, pet, health and beauty, automotive aftermarket, apparel, and healthcare use its integrated platform, Content Experience Hub, which enables clients to collect, store, manage, audit, syndicate and publish, then analyze their product content across a trading network of brand and recipients.
In details, solutions include:
– detailed and verified product information with audit analytics to help facilitate buying decisions;
– syndication of data to the GDSN utilizing GS1 global standards;
– retail optimization services for effective in-store floor planning and shelf merchandising;
– publishing of rich enhanced product content integrated into global eCommerce sites; and
– interactive tools to allow restaurants, foodservice brands and distributors, fitness apps, and nutritional platforms to organize and share nutrition data with their customers.
Syndigo is a portfolio company of The Jordan Company.