HiFiBiO Therapeutics, a Cambridge, Mass., Paris, France, and Shanghai, China-based developer of biotherapeutics with a single-cell analytics platform for extensive immune profiling, completed a $67M Series C financing.
The round was led by new investor IDG Capital, with participation from existing shareholders Sequoia Capital China, VI Ventures, Legend Star Capital, and LYFE Capital and new investors Delian Capital, Hanne Capital, and Kite, a Gilead Company.
As part of the round, IDG Capital will be represented on HiFiBiO’s Board of Directors by Tiger Hu, MD, MBA.
The company intends to use the funds to expand its platform and accelerate development of its novel antibody drug pipeline to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Led by Liang Schweizer, PhD, President and CEO, HiFiBiO Therapeutics is a multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. The company, which integrates deep-rooted biological expertise with comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies, expects to have multiple drug candidates advance to the clinical trial phase.
Since closing its $37.5M Series B financing round in May 2018, HiFiBiO has announced several strategic biopharmaceutical company collaborations, an acquisition, a joint venture, and an important scientific publication. The key facts include:
- Multi-Target Antibody Discovery Agreement with Takeda;
- Research Collaboration with Kite to Develop Technology for the Potential Discovery of Neoantigen-Reactive T Cell Receptors (TCRs) for the Treatment of Solid Tumors;
- Acquisition of H-Immune Therapeutics;
- Victa Biotherapeutics Joint Venture to Target Novel MSDC Pathways;
- Nature Genetics Publication Demonstrating Single-Cell Approach for Novel Biomarker Discovery to Combat Cancer.