Syndigo, a Chicago, IL-based provider of verified product content syndication services, and a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, acquired WiseBase, an innovative product content and technology company with clients across Europe.
The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
The acquisition aims to strengthen Syndigo’s global presence, providing clients with access to retailer networks, in-country client service expertise, and a further expanded library of digital product content.
Led by Piotr Morkowski, Managing Partner, WiseBase provides retailers with a complete ecosystem to facilitate the exchange of verified and enhanced product information. It is a key source of product data for multiple retailers used in: data management, quality control, purchase, depot logistics, marketing and e-commerce. Currently, the company works with leading retailers in Poland, Romania, and Germany with the technical capabilities to expand into other European geographies.
Led by CEO Paul Salay, Syndigo provides an integrated Content Experience Hub (CXH) platform to power engaging experiences across brands, distributors and retailers. Clients in industries such as foodservice, hardlines, grocery, home improvement and DIY, pet, health and beauty, automotive aftermarket, apparel, and healthcare use the Content Experience Hub to collect, store, manage, audit, syndicate and publish content, and then analyze their product content across a global trading network of brand and recipients.
Syndigo’s solutions include:
– detailed and verified product information with audit analytics to help facilitate buying decisions;
– syndication of data to the GDSN utilizing GS1 global standards;
– retail optimization services for effective in-store floor planning and shelf merchandising;
– publishing of enhanced product content integrated into global eCommerce sites; and
– interactive tools to allow restaurants, foodservice brands and distributors, fitness apps, and nutritional platforms to organize and share nutrition data with their customers.
Founded in 1982, The Jordan Company is a middle-market private equity firm that has managed funds with original capital commitments in excess of $11 billion since 1987 and a 36-year track record of investing in and contributing to the growth of many businesses across a wide range of industries including Industrials, Transportation & Logistics, Healthcare & Consumer, and Telecom, Technology & Utilities.