Tripoto, a New Delhi, India-based provider of a social travel platform, raised $3.6m in funding.
Backers included Hornbill Orchid India Fund, Orchid India, 3one4 Capital, Chiratae Ventures, and Lasmer NV.
The company intends to use the funds to expand its offerings and reach.
Launched in 2014 by CEO Anirudh Gupta and Michael Lyngdoh, Tripoto is a social travel platform to share and discover travel experiences, stories, community, tourism guides, hotels, holidays, getaways, attractions and maps.
The company also provides a B2B CRM platform for travel agents.
The company allows users to:
– discover complete travel itineraries of friends, global travelers and celebrities. browse travel photos, maps, reviews and recommendations,
– upload travel photos and create visual travel itineraries,
– share their travel experience with friends and family,
– meet and connect with like-minded travellers from around the world, and
– share guided tours, act as a local travel guide and get leads from Tripoto.