Global investment platform OurCrowd has launched a $50m medtech fund.
The OurCrowd Medtech Fund will focus on medical devices, therapeutics, medical robotics and new developments in the medical industry, tapping into both Israeli and global innovation.
Since 2013, the OC Medtech team has identified, scaled and financed more than $78 million in over 20 medical technologies.
Current investments include:
– AlphaTau Medical, a new radio therapy for solid cancer tumors
– UPnRIDE, an electric wheelchair that enables stable standing and mobility for handicapped individuals
– Insightec, a MR-guided focused ultrasound for non-invasive surgery
– MeMed, a preventing misuse of antibiotics
– Zebra Medical Vision, a medical imaging insights platform with algorithm-based assistance for radiologists
– Sight Diagnostics, a point of care blood diagnostics utilizing computer vision
– Memic, a robotic arm that extends & improves upon surgeon’s natural movements
– Syqe Medical, a selective-dose pharmaceutical grade medicinal plants inhaler
The fund will be led by managing partners Dr. Morris Laster and Dr. Morry Blumenfeld and will be managed by a team of clinical experts with decades of experience in medical technologies and startup growth.
Dr. Laster is a healthcare executive and entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and was responsible for six IPO’s on NASDAQ, AIM and TASE. He has extensive expertise in the identification, management and financing of advanced biomedical drugs and technologies. He currently represents OurCrowd as a board member or active chairman for several healthcare portfolio companies.
Dr. Blumenfeld is a prominent authority on the development and commercialization of healthcare technology. He was among the managers responsible for the development of GE’s computed tomography (“CT”) and magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI”) product line. Dr. Blumenfeld currently serves as a member of various medical technology boards, including Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board at OurCrowd.