ThirdLove, a San Francisco, CA-based direct-to-consumer women’s bra and underwear company, completed a $55m funding round.
– L. Catterton,
– Allen & Company,
– Anne Wojcicki, Co-Founder and CEO of genetic testing company 23andMe,
– Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube,
– Katie Couric, Journalist and Author,
– Nancy Peretsman, Managing Director of Allen & Company who participated independently of the bank,
– Tim Armstrong, former CEO of Oath and AOL,
– Jeff Keswin, Founder of Lyrical Partners,
– Michael Zeisser, former US Chairman at Alibaba Group,
– Felicis Ventures, and
– Valor Equity.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand its sizes, styles, product offerings, and fit technologies.
Co-founded by Heidi Zak and Ra’el Cohen, ThirdLove is an underwear brand offering bras with 78 size options and bands ranging from 30”– 48″ and cups AA – I.
By leveraging proprietary data and using real women’s measurements in its design process (Fit Finder™), the company is able to consider the unique needs of diverse body sizes and shapes. More than 12 million women have used Fit Finder, which takes 60 seconds to complete and asks women a series of dynamic questions about their current bra and their unique breast shape. It is powered by numerous algorithms developed in-house in collaboration between ThirdLove’s data science, data engineering, and bra design teams.