RealBlocks, a NYC-based blockchain-powered real estate tech platform, closed a $3.1M seed funding.
The round was led by Science Inc., with participation from Morgan Creek Digital, Zelkova Ventures, Ulu Ventures, and Cross Culture Ventures.
Led by Perrin Quarshie, Founder and CEO, RealBlocks is a blockchain-powered real estate investment platform that tokenizes shares of private equity funds, which allows real estate sponsors to:
– sell shares to both domestic and international investors,
– accept digital and fiat currency, and
– enable peer-to-peer trading via a bulletin board.
Three key benefits provided by the platform include:
- Global Access: Through utilizing blockchain infrastructure for distribution, RealBlocks allows for efficient access for investors outside of the US, thereby accelerating capital formation for real estate sponsors.
- Institutional Real Estate: Investors on the platform will have access to offerings from some of the best private equity funds in the world.
- Instant Liquidity: Through the use of its bulletin board, it provides investors with a mechanism for obtaining liquidity via peer-to-peer trading for an otherwise illiquid asset class.