Mayfair Equity Partners, a London, UK-based buyout and growth capital investor providing capital to dynamic businesses in the TMT and Consumer sectors, closed its second fund, at £650m.
The fund received support from existing investors and a number of new Limited Partners. Approximately 85% of the capital came from pension plans and pension advisers, about 10% from foundations and family offices, and 5% from fund-of-funds. About 40% of the capital came from US institutions, with 30% from Europe and 25% from the UK.
Led by Managing Partner Daniel Sasaki, and Partners Waqqas Ahmad, Bertie Aykroyd, and Kunal Dasgupta, Mayfair will continue to execute its strategy of identifying and partnering with managers of high growth TMT and Consumer businesses.
The firm is an investor in:
– Ovo Energy, a tech-enabled challenger brand in the energy space,
– YO!, a multi-brand multi-channel sushi platform with operations across the UK, Canada and the US,
– SuperAwesome, a high-growth digital marketing business whose technology platform enables brands and agencies to deliver kid-safe digital advertising to under-thirteen audiences,
– Pixomondo, the VFX house behind the Emmy-winning HBO series Game of Thrones and the Oscar-winning 2011 film Hugo and GCI,
– as well as five other growth businesses.