The first $12.5m tranche of the fund provides developers with direct sponsorship from Venafi to accelerate the delivery of comprehensive protection for all machine identities.
Venafi will use the fund to sponsor a range of developers, including:
– systems integrators,
– fast-moving startups,
– open-source developers, and
– other cybersecurity vendors.
Funded developers will create integrations that ensure every new machine identity is automatically updated in the Venafi Platform.
The Machine Identity Protection Development Fund encourages recipients to build integrations that deliver greater visibility, intelligence and automation across any technology that creates or consumes machine identities including:
– Cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure
– Secure Shell (SSH)
– Enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM)
– Artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics
– Blockchain distributed ledger technology
The first three developers to receive sponsorships are:
– Jetstack, an open-source developer and innovator,
– OpenCredo, a software consultancy specializing in machine learning, cloud and DevOps applications,
– Cygnacom, a global leader in developing and deploying public key infrastructure (PKI) and identity and access management for the world’s most security-conscious government and commercial organizations.