HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS), a Cambridge, MA-based provider of inbound marketing, sales, and service software, has launched a $30m venture capital fund.
HubSpot Ventures will back customer-first startups to help them grow and scale.
The fund will support companies that are dedicated to building long-term customer relationships instead of optimizing for quarterly numbers or other short-term goals. Portfolio companies must, among other criteria:
– align with HubSpot’s mission to help millions of organizations grow better,
– have potential to deliver unique value to the community,
– be building a leading SaaS-based product,
– embody the values in the company’s Customer Code and Culture Code, and
– be raising a Seed, Series A, or Series B round with a notable lead investor.
The fund will prioritize early stage companies raising funding for a seed, Series A, or Series B round. Investments in later stage rounds, such as Series C and later, will be limited.
After the organization receives an initial investment, HubSpot Ventures will also act as a mentor. The portfolio company will be provided with personalized assessments and coaching from HubSpot experts to give them the tools they need to continue to grow.