General Atlantic, a global growth equity firm, announced several promotions.
These include Chris Caulkin, Roni Elchahal, Andrew Ferrer, and Peter Munzig, who have promoted to Managing Director, Preston McKenzie to Operating Partner, and Rodrigo Catunda and Luiz Ribeiro to Principal.
Promotions to Managing Director
– Chris Caulkin joined General Atlantic in 2011 and leads the firm’s investments in the Technology sector in EMEA. Mr. Caulkin serves on the board of directors of Hemnet, OpenClassrooms, Property Finder, Studio Moderna, and Typeform. Prior to General Atlantic, Mr. Caulkin was an Analyst and Associate at Warburg Pincus, where he concentrated on investments in the media, technology, and business services sectors. He holds a MiF from London Business School and an M.Eng in Information & Computer Engineering from the University of Cambridge.
– Roni Elchahal leads General Atlantic’s capital partnering efforts in EMEA. He first joined the firm in 2007, focusing on investments in the Technology sector, and returned to General Atlantic in 2012. Prior to General Atlantic, Mr. Elchahal worked at CI Capital Partners, where he helped source and execute middle market investments across various sectors. He also worked at The Boston Consulting Group, where he focused on strategic and operational projects across a variety of industries. Mr. Elchahal earned an M.B.A. with distinction from Harvard Business School. He earned a B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School and a B.A. in History from the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated summa cum laude and was a Joseph Wharton Scholar.
– Andrew Ferrer joined General Atlantic in 2014 and focuses on investments in the Consumer sector. He serves on the board of directors of Authentic Brands Group, Grupo Axo, and ZIMMERMANN, and is a former board member of Too Faced Cosmetics. Prior to General Atlantic, Mr. Ferrer worked at Sycamore Partners, Warburg Pincus, Berkshire Partners, and Goldman Sachs. He also worked at Bare Escentuals. Mr. Ferrer earned an M.B.A. with distinction from Harvard Business School and an A.B. from Princeton University, where he graduated summa cum laude.
– Peter Munzig focuses on General Atlantic’s investments in the Technology sector. He originally joined the firm in 2005 and rejoined in 2009 after receiving an M.B.A from the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Mr. Munzig serves on the board of directors of Aimbridge Hospitality, EN Engineering, and HireRight. He is a former board member of Alignment Healthcare and CLEAResult. Prior to General Atlantic, Mr. Munzig was an investment banker at Goldman Sachs, where he advised clients in the industrial, consumer, and technology sectors on a wide range of M&A and corporate finance transactions. He earned a B.A. from Stanford University, where he graduated with honors.
Promotion to Operating Partner
– Preston McKenzie joined General Atlantic in 2017 and provides strategic support and advice to the firm’s investment teams and portfolio companies in the Technology sector with a particular focus on software. Mr. McKenzie serves on the board of directors of Insurity, Inc. and Mi9 Retail. Prior to General Atlantic, he served as Chief Executive Officer of NEWSCYCLE Solutions, and prior to that was Chief Executive Officer of MicroEdge. Mr. McKenzie holds an M.B.A. from the University of Minnesota and a B.A. in Journalism from the University of North Carolina.
Promotions to Principal
– Rodrigo Catunda joined General Atlantic in 2011 and is based in the firm’s São Paulo office, with a focus on investments across various sectors in Latin America. He currently serves on the board of directors of Ourofino. Prior to General Atlantic, Mr. Catunda worked in Investment Banking at J.P. Morgan in São Paulo and New York, focused on Latin America. Mr. Catunda earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Fundação Getulio Vargas.
– Luiz Ribeiro joined General Atlantic in 2016 and is based in the firm’s São Paulo office, where he focuses on investments in Brazil and Colombia. He currently serves on the board of directors of QuintoAndar. Mr. Ribeiro completed the P.L.D. from Harvard Business School and earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Fundação Getulio Vargas.
The promotions will be effective as of January 1, 2019.
Led by Bill Ford, Chief Executive Officer, General Atlantic is a global growth equity firm providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. The firm has more than 130 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Greenwich, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Munich, Palo Alto, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Singapore.