Goldbelly, a NYC-based online food marketplace that connects the most iconic regional and local food providers to consumers around the country, raised $20m in Series B funding.
The round was led by Enlightened Hospitality Investments (EHI), with participation from existing investors Intel Capital, 500 Startups and 645 Ventures.
The company intends to use the funds to expand its technology and operations teams in its newly opened New York City headquarters. As a part of the transaction, Danny Meyer, founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and a partner in Enlighted Hospitality Investments, will join Goldbelly’s advisory board.
Led by founder & CEO Joe Ariel, Goldbelly’s team of “food explorers” finds America’s most authentic food experiences and makes them available for national delivery, straight from the source. Their proprietary technology manages e-commerce operations and logistics for 350 of the country’s most popular food makers.
Its roster of iconic selections includes:
– New York City’s Milk Bar & Russ & Daughters
– Chicago’s Gino’s East & Lou Malnati’s Pizza
– Philadelphia’s Pat’s King Of Steaks & Tony Luke’s
– Nashville’s Prince’s Hot Chicken & Loveless Cafe
– Pittsburgh’s Primanti Brothers & Prantl’s Bakery
– Texas’s Salt Lick & Louie Mueller BBQ.