CoolBitX, a Taipei, Taiwan-based secure crypto hardware wallet manufacturer, raised $13m in funding.
Backers included SBI Holdings (previously known as SoftBank Investment), Midana Capital, OwlTing, Kyber Capital, and Bitmain.
Founded in 2014 by Michael Ou, CoolBitX is a mobile secure cold storage solution for crypto holders. The size of a credit card, CoolWallet S features:
– E-ink display: Reports currency balances, seeds, currency amounts, and addresses
– Physical confirmation button: users can confirm and authorize crypto payments
– Secure cold storage and bluetooth connectivity: Users can spend and exchange coins on the go. No more dealing with frustrating and tangled cords or desktop access
– 2+1 factor authentication security: Other hardware wallets on the market only use 1+1 factor authentication
– Damage-proof: Waterproof, heat and cold resistant, and tamper-proof
– Over-the-air updates: Currently supporting Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, and ERC20 Tokens, CoolWallet S adds support for new currency each month via OTA updates for free
– CoolBitX native iOS and Android app: Providing a mobile dashboard to exchange, monitor, and store crypto
CoolBitX is also announcing the launch of its CoolWallet S in the United States, a partnership with the Litecoin Foundation and plans to open a US office in order to expand its American presence.