Vestigo Ventures, a Cambridge, MA-based early-stage venture capital firm focused on making investments in fintech companies, closed its first fund, at $58.9m.
Vestigo Ventures Fund I is comprised of strategic limited partners (LPs) who are corporate investors:
- from the insurance industry and asset management (51%),
- family offices (28%),
- as well as individual investors (21%).
The firm invests in fintech companies that are applying technology – i.e. blockchain, artificial intelligence and big data – to improve market structures, provide operational solutions, enhance worksite management and/or support personal wealth strategies.
To date, Vestigo Ventures has invested in eight companies, including:
– Digital Assets Data,
– Student Loan Genius,
– TowerIQ and
The firm was founded by:
– David Blundin, Founder and Chairman of Cogo Labs;
– Mark Casady, former CEO and Chairman of LPL Financial; and
– Managing Director Ian Sheridan.
They are joined by Mike Nugent and Frazer Anderson who are focused on finding and supporting startups.