Is our future beyond space? How do rich companies invest in the development of the space industry and why do they need it?
The space exploration was initially perceived as an investment to obtain wealth, nowadays it is perceived as an opportunity to obtain knowledge, answers and seek the preservation of life on the planet.
Not only governments invest in these projects for scientific development, there are private companies interested in helping to explore part of nature that has not been discovered. Battery Ventures is one of the private companies that provide financial support to space exploration projects and every day more companies join this mission. It is a subject of discussion in the essay, by the student of the technological area.
Space exploration has not yielded a monetary return directly; the knowledge, the trust and the contribution to science are the profit that the deep space industries obtained from the exploratory missions sent to space. Scientists from China, India, Russia and the European Union work actively to achieve the same goal; the conquest of the universal space.
The profitability of space exploration is measured by the advance in the knowledge acquired in space, new discoveries about the universe that strengthen science, motivate the development of technology and promise the conquest of unknown places that Mother Nature has reserved for us.
These discoveries have been an inspiration for writing books, creating films and various works alluding to space and discoveries in the various exploratory missions.
The students’ interest in the area of technology applicable to cosmonautics increases as they feel motivated by the discovery and contribution to science for the knowledge and conquest of space.
The innovation and imagination of NASA scientists are constantly in motion, their active hours increase in the search for a more practical way to conquer the space with the use of new technologies.
These are some technological innovations that could revolutionize the conquest of space:
- Propulsion by plasma waves; Use of energy and pressure produced by magnetic fields and the sun. — It allows the displacement between worlds with magnetic fields.
- Smart suits; with gyroscopes resistant to movements ideal for orientation and stabilization.
- Ships with walls of water; walls with cells filled with water that serve as protection for the crew against radiation. – The urine of the cosmonauts is recycled; it is also used for the growth of green algae for food. This technique is already used in the bases located on the moon and Mars.
- Mini-satellites to explore the solar system; It is a fast and economical way to launch quantities of nano-satellites or mini-satellites to the solar system, Mars and Venus. They could also be launched towards asteroids or Phobos and Deimos. The difficulty that arises is in guaranteeing communication.
- 3D printing; This technology would save significant costs in the manufacture of parts of satellites and spacecraft. It could be possible for each ship to print its electronic sensors according to their needs. In practice, we will know if it is possible.
- Regolithic shields; The weakness that occurs in the manned spacecraft launched into space is the weight and high fuel consumption. This rocky dust of material discovered in the moon, Phobos, Deimos, and Asteroids, is light, resistant to high temperatures and allows aero-capture. It is an excellent contribution to the cosmonautics since it protects against radiation and due to its characteristics, it considerably saves fuel consumption.
The development of explorer robots that are launched into space in search of scientific answers focused on the discovery of life and the existence of water on other planets; it is the mission of large companies and governments to invest in technology aimed at space exploration that produces answers for science and the preservation of the species
In February the Russian spacecraft Soyuz MS-06, belonging to the International Space Station, returned to land with its three crew members, after staying 168 days in space, the cosmonauts achieved an 8-hour spacewalk record and 13 minutes They arrived at earth full of new discoveries and useful knowledge for science.
The discovery of forms of energy in space, the existence of various materials found on the Moon, Mars, Asteroids, Phobos, and Deimos useful for development, the preservation of life and for the conquest of new worlds, motivates and invites the young people to study university careers related to cosmonautics, and technology. The university student, who feels interested in the subject, although he does not have free time, hires specialized service and pay for a research paper to attend important events sponsored by various cosmonautic companies. It is the possibility to reach beyond our surrounding world and discover the immensity of benefits that the universe offers us.