Portion, a NYC-based provider a platform for creators and collectors, raised $5.5m in seed funding.
Institutional investors participated in the round.
Founded in 2016 by Jason Rosenstein, CEO, Portion has launched its Ethereum blockchain-based global auction house which gives creators, collectors and bidders certifiably authentic means of exchanging luxury goods and rare collectibles for cryptocurrency.
The platform offers:
– transparency into ownership and final prices paid for all goods.
– Payment in cryptocurrency.
– Trusted bidding process.
– Accurate representation and authenticity of goods via a three-step process to ensure goods are authentic and appropriately represented.
The company is also led by
– Peter Engleman – Co-founder
– Michael Colson – Blockchain Developer.