Trigo Vision, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based computer vision startup for the retail industry, raised $7M in seed funding.
The round was led by Hetz Ventures and Vertex Ventures Israel.
The funding will be used to acquire talent in order to grow the company’s core R&D team and build new applications for their technology.
Led by Michael Gabay, Co-Founder and CEO, and Daniel Gabay, Co-Founder and CTO, Trigo Vision provides a platform that combines a ceiling-based camera network with machine vision algorithms to identify and capture customers’ shopping items with high levels of accuracy during their in-store journey.
Key features of the platform include:
– Enhanced customer loyalty and new levels of customer service,
– reduction in shoplifting,
– retail intelligence for stores and brands on buying behavior, product placement and shopping habits, including real-time insights,
– Increased operational efficiency across core business functions,
– Optimization of in-store real estate following the removal of checkouts, and
– GDPR-compliant technology that collects the data anonymously without attaching identities to it.