Quake Capital, an accelerator focused on making seed level investments in new and early stage ventures across a wide range of industries, has launched its accelerator program in Los Angeles.
This 12-week program, which is Quake’s fourth accelerator cohort, is an extension of the firm’s New York accelerator.
The inaugural Los Angeles Summer 2018 cohort is comprised of 16 companies spanning a range of industries from media and design to hospitality, healthcare and marketing.
The Los Angeles class, which each received an investment of $150,000, features:
– Ala Carte, which enables users to order from multiple restaurants at the same time, operating an on-demand, delivery-only virtual food hall that prepares and delivers all food from one location,
– Baarb, a new way to book hotels, combining vast human experience with artificial intelligence and natural language search capability to deliver the highest level of personalized hotel search results.
– EllieGrid, a smart bluetooth pillbox for active lifestyles that organizes pills in seconds, sets medication reminders, and tracks adherence.
– Endorsify, an influencer marketing SaaS platform that utilizes AI and image recognition systems content search to find creators that post the content brands are looking for.
– GoTRIBE, an individualized small group fitness experience designed specifically for both weight training and high intensity calorie burning goals.
– Love Goodly, a subscription box service for nontoxic beauty and skincare.
– Ormigga, an outsourcing department that combines machine learning and gamification to quote, contract, and manage suppliers more efficiently.
– Pebby Corporation, a smart collar and ball system that gives pet owners access to monitor and entertain their pet from anywhere their cell phone can go.
– Quick’rCare, which allows patients to reserve healthcare services in advance, with the ability to search for the type of facility they need, see the current wait time, and hold a place in line for free.
– Radial3D, a next-generation AR and VR web platform using Web3D capabilities to allow people to learn and interact with biology, anatomy and medical images.
– Rain Systems, which developed patented technology that provides a means by which companies, communities and individuals can reduce overall water irrigation consumption by half.
– Randian, which combines video content, web-based-technology and ecommerce in a 360-degree solution for viewers to watch, click, shop and buy.
– Recess, which allows brands to discover, book, and execute marketing activations at events across the country.
– Rose Gold, which allows aspiring beauty entrepreneurs to launch their business with a drop shipping membership program that includes a full range of hair products, ecommerce sites and consulting to get new entrepreneurs up and running as quickly as possible.
– Socianado, a team of online marketing gurus that helps build brand awareness, customer base, and profitability through strategic marketing.
– Steereo, which provides emerging and undiscovered artists the opportunity to gain new listeners and fans on the go by combining the power of radio with the music discovery experience.
Led by Priscilla Pesci, managing partner at Quake Capital Los Angeles, the Summer 2018 accelerator program in Los Angeles will commence on June 5th, and will run for 12 weeks. It will conclude with a Demo Day on August 23rd, which will feature pitches from each of the 16 participating companies.
This program will also host a follow-on week with an additional Demo Day hosted in San Francisco on August 30th.
Quake is currently accepting applications for its cohort in New York and its newly-launched Austin program. To apply for either program, please visit: https://www.f6s.com/quakecapital/apply.