Tame, a Copenhagen, Denmark-based tech startup on a mission to solve the chaos of event planning, raised $550k in seed funding.
– Tommy Andersen (Co-founder & Managing Partner at ByFounders ($100m VC investing in Nordics/Baltics, Co-founder of the angel VC NordicMakers, Ex-Co-founder & CEO of Libratone which he sold to Chinese investors in 2014 for undisclosed three digit amount),
– Hampus Jakobsson (Venture Partner at BlueYard Capital ($120m fund), Co-founder of the angel VC NordicMakers, ex-cofounder of TAT, which got sold to Blackberry for $150m, Ex-M&A Director – EMEA at Blackberry),
– Jacob Wandt (Founder & CEO of e-conomic and pioneered the world within cloud-based ERP systems which he sold off to HG Capital in 2013 for $100m+,
– Anders Pollas (Ex-co-founder and CPO of Podio (a general project management tool sold to Citrix to Citrix for €50 million), and
– Gregers Kronborg (ex-General Partner of Northzone ($750m fund), Board member of TrustPilot that raised €144 million, Ative Board Member in Danish Venture Capital Association and Ex-founder of COCOM A/S sold to Cisco in 1999 for €50 million).
Founded in April 2016 from Jasenko Hadzic, CEO, Deividas Jackus, CIO, Mickey Switzer, CPO, and Niels Schmidt, CTO, Tame provides an all-in-one planning tool that allows event managers and their teams to handle all their internal planning for their events in real-time from building the event program, to coordinating the contacts and status of speakers, suppliers, sponsors and exhibitors, to managing all the files, collaborating in notes and tasks, while supporting their entire communication in one place.
In addition, it has its own ticketing features that allows event managers to publish their program, speakers, sponsors on a ticketing page, that can be customize to fit every organization.
The company, which employs 12 fulltime people in Copenhagen and Pakistan, targets organizations that manage seminars, workshops, hackathons and conferences all under 1000 attendees.